First Engine - Elmer's "fancy Wobbler"

Here are some pics of my completed "first engine". I didn't have the proper set screw for the flywheel yesterday afternoon so I haven't run it yet, but I'll post a video once I do. This project was a bit challenging for me because of the size of the parts. My machining experience has primarily been on full scale parts for motorcycles, racing engines and prototype industrial machinery. It was fun, and now I'm ready to take on something a bit larger. I was thinking about the Elmer's #5 Geared, or #33 Mill Engine . I like to see parts moving and so for now, I'll stick to a couple of steam/ comp air motors. Being a ex Harley guy, I'd like to eventually build a Hoglet or another variety of V-Twin.

View attachment 73629View attachment 73630View attachment 73631View attachment 73632View attachment 73633View attachment 73634View attachment 73635View attachment 73636View attachment 73637

Fabrickator:
Were can I get these plans ? .. nice work btw, I have been toying with the idea to make one for awhile.

Thanks for the complements, this was a great little engine to build.

Its an Elmer Verburg engine and plans for all of his engines are available on a web site called John-Tom. Do a search and you'll fimd his stuff. he has a whole bunch of nice engine designs. His plans were very accurate and informative if you work through them step-by-step.

Rick

Back