First post. New Member

Frist :welcome2: If your building a shop and have the funds. Don't be afraid :nail biter: to start out on a Bridge Port type mill. :high 5: It can do anything the pm25 can and a lot more. :beer:

welcome aboard!
in my experience, you don't pick the machine, the machine picks you.
when you go out and look, the machine finds you :)
Mike,
That explains your garage. "Mr. Good-machine!":cheer:

"I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way!";)

Get your priorities straight... There's noting wrong with having a mill in the kitchen. With the right attachments, it can also be used to knead bread, scramble eggs etc... Open your mind a little and start seeing the big picture if you want to hang-around here. ;)
Ok Ray, so we need to invite you to the next SVHM meeting--you'll fit right in!

By the way, why is it that the moderator's locations don't show up in their avatars?

Ok Ray, so we need to invite you to the next SVHM meeting--you'll fit right in!

By the way, why is it that the moderator's locations don't show up in their avatars?

Beats me! Next time I talk to the other mods, I'll see if they happen to know why.

Oh, FYI: My shop is pretty well packed. Can't wait till I move out of where I am and put up a dedicated building.

Ray

Mike you are a man after my own heart. Your living room looks exactly like my living room, both of my electronics benches are in my living room. :encourage: The dining room is my office.

The only reason my machine tools aren't in here is because I don't have room for them. :grin:

Mike, you're just up the road from me. Far enough that you don't have to worry about me coming to visit.:grin big::grin big:

Mike you are a man after my own heart. Your living room looks exactly like my living room, both of my electronics benches are in my living room. :encourage: The dining room is my office.

The only reason my machine tools aren't in here is because I don't have room for them. :grin:

:grin: I think that's perfectly normal. I haven't found a furniture shop that has nice electronic repair benches though. Slackers...

Mike, you're just up the road from me. Far enough that you don't have to worry about me coming to visit.:grin big::grin big:

:grin big: Victoria is where I go to shop for other than groceries... but that doesn't happen very often.

My soon to be son-in-law and daughter lives south of Inez. His mom and husband live north of Inez. They just got engaged in a little over the top way. He wanted to put her on a big buck and then put the ring on it's antler when he went to make sure it was dead after she shot it. Except the big buck never happened :grin big:

He's got a side business (Bad A$$ Hog Dogs for now. They are changing the name in 2018). He does guided night hog hunts, He supplies the thermal optics and suppressed rifles. He does "run them down with dogs and stab them" daytime hunts. He does suppressed rifle daylight hunts. I just gave them a SloGlow light so they can do "walk up on them and shoot them with a bow or pistol" hunts. And he does helicopter hunts. Right now they only advertise on Facebook.

My daughter has been wanting to ride in a helicopter so he set that up. He also had the family put out Will You Marry Me in big letters on the ground at his mom's place after they left. My daughter had had no idea what was going on. In fact, before they left she told her mom that if he didn't take the helicopter ride opportunity to propose to her then she was going to yell at him :congratulate: You would have to know my daughter to appreciate the humor in that.

So, they took off, flew around, got some video of a bunch of hogs running, and meanwhile we all converged on his mom's place. You can see a hand point in the video. That was the hunt helicopter pilots hand. He was also shooting the video. He had to point the sign out because all she could see was us and she was wondering why we were there. No clue what was happening. I'm sure at that point she was "gettin ready to yell" because in her mind the opportunity had passed. It was a good day.

I think this group might enjoy the video so I'll link it below. Notice their boom mic's :) I could watch the video 10 times a day

Last edited by a moderator:
Back