First project on a PM25, tee slot nuts for my vise

@mikey I have a full set of 1/2" t-slot nuts and clamp kit already, using 3/8 studs. I also have 8 additional 1/2" t-slot nuts from McMaster. If I cut down the t-slot nuts a little, I'm all set. If I didn't already have all this, I would have just bought a full clamp kit for 12mm. The T-nuts you linked above would require buying the metric studs. I've got loads of 3/8 studs. (With flats) Rightly or wrongly, if possible, I like to reuse what I have. My snag, if that's what one calls it, (screw up?) was not realizing that the McMaster t-slot nuts required carbide to cut.

Yes, I agree, it is good to get on with it. I bought a fly cutter, rather than making one. Eventually, when I gain more ability and confidence, I can make more tools for my self.

That cobalt 3/8" 4 flute roughing mill cost me $30. It's not the end of the earth, but still, I'll remember that sinking feeling when I realized I dulled it. It felt like I had tossed money out the window. One day, I'll resharpen it. Not now, as I've got other things to do and to learn.

Back