First Steam Engine!

Surprman

Active User
Registered
Almost 40 years ago I sent away for plans for a steam engine. It cost me $5 which was quite a lot for an 11 or 12 year old back then. My disappointment was significant when the plans arrived and I dicovered that my Dad's basic hand tools were not going to cut it (literally). I've finally finished my steam engine this weekend, not the same plans, but it feels great just the same:

Rick

Almost 40 years ago I sent away for plans for a steam engine. It cost me $5 which was quite a lot for an 11 or 12 year old back then. My disappointment was significant when the plans arrived and I dicovered that my Dad's basic hand tools were not going to cut it (literally). I've finally finished my steam engine this weekend, not the same plans, but it feels great just the same:

Rick
Life is good

Beautiful little engine, Rick. Congratulations on getting #1 done! After such a long wait I would have found it difficult to not drool on the parts as the anticipation would be hard to bear.

Very nice, I does feel good to get it done don't it.
How did you make the piece that moves the value.
mind sharing the plans or where to get them on this one.

Btw- I doubled the size of the build from the original plans (it just seemed too small the way it was designed)

Very nice. I've never seen that type of valving. Good job.

Very nicely done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice unit! I've never seen a valve like that either!

Back