fitting size for coolant line (PM-1440GT)

jaychris

Active User
Registered
Does anyone know the fitting size for the coolant feed line to the tower in the coolant flush system on a PM-1440GT? Pictured below.

I thought 3/8", but didn't quite fit though it was close. I'm thinking maybe some metric fitting or something, I dunno.

CameraZOOM-20170604084337281.jpg

If you're trying to match it to pipe fittings, that's the problem. What you have there is a compression/flare fitting, with straight threads, rather than tapered pipe threads. The two are NOT cross-compatible.

The silver pipe coming down from the top of your picture will be pipe thread, probably 3/8 or 1/4, although it's tough to tell from here. Generally, you would do hard pipe to get as close as you can, then add the adapter (that's the gold piece attached to your pipe) that fits the flex line.

Sorry, but I can't tell you what it is, only what it isn't.

Thanks! What I really want to do here, is add in a 3-way ball valve so that I can run a line off to a flush system. I'll have to figure out a way to make it work I guess.

You would do that in the hard piped section. If that has to be after the flex, you will have to convert back to IPS.

well, I thought it would be cleaner to splice into the coolant line, but maybe I'll just drop the inlet hose to the flush system pump into the reservoir directly. Not pretty, but effective I guess. Thanks for your help!

Back