Five Cylinder Radial With Ohc

OK the drawings are done and the cylinders will be machined Later.
Meanwhile I have started on the valve cages again. I have decided to do one at a time very carefully
rather than try to do them all in a batch. also I will only do one on each head at a time to allow time for the loctite to cure before attempting the other. this way all the heads will have time to cure before the next machining operation.
p1013293 (2).JPG

p1013294.JPG

Only seven more to go.
Brian.

Life is about to get easier for you Brian. Longer in time but easier in machining. Good choise of operations.

"Billy G"

At last I have something to report, the valve cages are in and the seats cut, Inlet and exhaust ports drilled to match. So the next job is the valves , Then cam boxes and cam shafts ETC.
I have bored out one of the cylinders to the new size 26mm and all looks good so the other four will follow as and when I find the time.
The photograph shows parts made to date, The items in front of the complete head are the felt oiling pad to lubricate the cams and it's cover.
P1013279 (3).JPG

Slowly slowly Brian.

As alway.. Marvelous work Brian.

Just to keep you up to speed, I made a start on the camshafts today.
Parted off the stock to the correct length and centre drilled the ends
so I can turn them between centres.
P1013281 (3).JPG

P1013283 (3).JPG

Brian.

Today I turned down the blanks, using my favorite roughing tool then trimmed up the edges . and started setting up the mill to form the cams.
P1013285 (2).JPG

P1013286 (2).JPG

P1013287 (2).JPG

I may try to video this we will see how it goes.
Brian.

Back