Five Cylinder Radial With Ohc

I'm really enjoying following your progress on this engine. From the pictures the quality of machining seems terrific. Thanks for recording it along the way.

A quick lash up with the belt and pulley's looks good, the slackness in the belt is due to having no head/
base gasket's or belt tensioner.

P1013383.JPG

Next job is to bore the outer bearing housing's in the cover plate and determine the position of the belt tensioner.

Brian.

Still here watching Brian, beautiful work as always.

"Billy G"

Further work done, I have been out of the shop for a while with health issues but the rear bulkhead has had the bearing housings machined
The accessory shaft outboard bearing is in place and a temporary head gasket of the correct thickens.
The outer flange of the cam sprocket that takes the small magnet for the ignition trigger is in place, it is independent of the cam sprocket to adjust the timing. the pick up will sit between the belt under the sprocket.

P1013395.JPG

P1013397.JPG

Looking good. Brian.

Moving along I have been cutting the top fins on the cam boxes and the heads and tapping some threads to ensure the assembly is correct.
Now I have a support we can begin to see roughly what it will look like.

P1013398.JPG

P1013399.JPG

One step at a time Brian.

To get to the end of any journey you start with the first step and take it one step at a time from there. That way you miss nothing along the way.

Stellar work Brian.

"Billy G"

Oh wow Brian, too cool! Now there is one part that will bring it all together. I'm waiting to see that part... Can you guess what it is?

Dave

Just must be the master rod Dave but that seems a long way off yet. But we will get there in the end.

Brian.

Back