Five Cylinder Radial With Ohc

Welcome back, Brian!!
Did you miss the project while on "holiday?"
Bill W.

Hi Bill
Dropping the project for a while has been rewarding, being on top of the problems all the time leads to overthinking some of them .
some perceived problems have simply disappeared after the rest.
Strangely I did not miss the shop but I am glad to be back. I think I missed H M and all of you more.
Brian.

The parts for this job are a 1mm drill and a 1 mm end mill plus a length of 1mm pivot steel.
P1013609.JPG

The cross holes in the shaft where drilled first.

P1013610.JPG

Then the slots in the pulley's

P1013613.JPG

Cross pin cut to length.

P1013614.JPG

And the shaft's assembled.

P1013615.JPG

I am now waiting on the delivery of an ER 40 collet chuck so I can make the remaining camshaft pulleys
Brian..

nice job Brian, This was one of the Area's that I was interested in how you would drive the valves. Because it is a radial engine.

At last I can fit the rear cover with all the works inside apart from the oil seals that separate the wet gear case from the dry belt casing
the outer bearings will be covered with caps that will set the end float for the shaft's ,these in turn will be retained by the pressure and scavenge oil
pumps that will be co axial to keep the size down.

P1013617.JPG

The ER 40 chuck has arrived so now I can continue with the camshaft pulleys and then the belt tensioners.

Brian.

With the ER40 collet I can now hold the blank material for the pulleys better so I am ready to go.

P1013618.JPG
Part off the bar to length

P1013619.JPG

Turn down the boss

P1013622.JPG

Cut the inner flanges

P1013624.JPG

Then the outer flange come timing disk.

P1013625.JPG

Drill and tap the holes for the pinch screws.

P1013626.JPG

Assemble ready for fitting.

P1013627.JPG

Brian.

Continuing with the tensioner I have now tapped the thread for the pulley retaining screw and threaded the fixing shaft . Photos of it in place ,just needs the shaft cut to length and a Nylock nut.

P1013637.JPG

P1013638.JPG

P1013639.JPG

4 More to do Brian.

Back