Flat belts available?

Jubil

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Are flat machine belts still available and where? Searched internet and haven't found any (yet) i need 2 belts for a 1940 (+/- ) Brown & Sharp #13 grinder. Attempting to refurb close to original.
Any help would be appreciated.
Chuck

Been using serpentine belts for years.ribs down.sewn and glued if not pulling spindle..

McMaster Carr has them

Thanks for all the replies. I did try another search and found some. Guess I used the wrong search term. Should have tried one more time before posting.

High speed endless belts are available from Wm. Sopko Company; they are made for precision grinders, thin and endless to minimize vibration; Sopko has other grinder accessories as well, such as grinding wheel hubs, internal grinding quills, wheel screws, etc. They are the very essence of quality.

Last edited:
High speed endless belts are available from Wm. Sopko Company; they are made for precision grinders, thin and endless to minimize vibration; Sopko has other grinder accessories as well, such as grinding wheel hubs, internal grinding quills, wheel screws, etc. They are the very essence of quality.
Thanks
I will check them out. I will be needing a couple hubs also, so they may be a good source.
Chuck

What machine do you have?

It's a Brown & Sharp #13 Universal grinder. Serial no. dates it approx 1940 model. It seems to be in good condition. Previous owner installed a 2 hp motor on spindle with v-belt. No headstock or original accessories but does have a Weldon air bearing, a yuasa index fixture, and some homemade jigs for sharpening different items from local companies.
Chuck

Back