Flat Twin

Thank you Old Rover for the kind words. There are some changes to the engine I want to make in the future.

Ray

Thank you Old Rover for the kind words. There are some changes to the engine I want to make in the future.

Ray
Your Welcome , I am sure that you are still tweaking it compared to the overall Build that’s minor.
Very impressive work and it shows the amount of knowledge that you have accumulated over the years.
Thanks again., B.

No I did not the cams are of my own design.

Ray

i built the vertical Upshur engine , and yes its a runner ! now i would like to build the Upshur Twin . i would like to stay close to the original design , have laps , o-rings for a .750 dia. piston . but i like your cam arrangement , would you consider sharing ( or selling ) your drawings . this will be my second engine build . i used a Roy Sholl CDI ignition , plan on using one on the twin , with a distributer like yours . thanks john

John I don't have any drawings I just make it up as I go along.
What ever works and looks good.
The Upshur Opposed Twin uses two cams and I am using 4 individual cams.
The cam profile was something I drew up with no scientific knowledge. It just looked right.
Ray

Ray , thanks for replying . i guess i could just add two more lobes as draw on Upshurs plans .

Back