Floating drill press vise a la Mr Pete

AGCB97

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I went for strength since this is a powerful DP. I brazed a brass bushing in the screw adjustable part and made new parts with better fitting DOM tubing for the rest.

Even at that, there is not much resistance to 'lift' unless you add another clamp.
For the work that needs better holding (and I need better protection from) I made a 8" by 10" DP vise that bolts to the T-slot table.
Aaron
DSCF3979.JPG

DavidR8

Soaking up knowledge!
H-M Platinum Supporter
Well scratch the smoking deal on the Acme rod. The shipping was under-quoted by $85.
Plan B is 3ft of 12/-10 Acme from Fastener Force for $16.

hman

Active User
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Here's my "poor man's version" of this type of vise ... a Bessey bar clamp from Home Depot, an eyebolt, and a 1/4" hole thru the drill press table. The short piece of handy rod across the end of the clamp is just there to keep the eyebolt from going astray.
kHPIM0678.jpg kHPIM0681.jpg

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock