Flood Coolant Set Up Questions

Fantastic. I love happy endings!

I'm posting this here because the wiring my coolant pump through the PMDX-126 relay is the last change I've made to my configuration. Prior to wiring in my coolant pump I installed a braking resistor and ran some test code that included M3 and M4. It worked as expected. Now, after the coolant pump project I ran some test code that included M3 and M4 along with G4. The spindle starts clockwise, feeds down, pauses, then feeds up without the spindle reversing. Thinking my gcode file was the culprit, on the MDI screen I typed in a M4 S400 command. The spindle turned clockwise. I'm going through my configuration settings but haven't found anything yet. This is strange.

For info I'm running a PMDX-126 BoB, a PMDX-107 spindle control board, and a Warp9 ESS. I've also attached my test gcode file.

Attachments

• Sample Tapping Gcode.txt
    573 bytes · Views: 4
Checked my VFD settings and everything seems to be where it needs to be. I also went thru my Mach3 configuration as it relates to the spindle control and nothing has changed there either, except the coolant on/off settings. I enabled output 2, port 2, pin 14. The spindle output is enabled, step pin 16, Dir pin 14, Dir Low Active checked, Step Low Active not checked, Step Port 1, and Dir Port 1. When I enter a M3 or M4 command pin 16 LED comes on. Still have some more research to do.

Did reverse work before the coolant mods?

1. P16-Port1 LED should come on at either M3 or M4 - good to go.
2. Check Mach3 LED status on P14-Port1 when you call M3 and M4. Change state? If not, skip to #4 below
3. Check 126 board LED status on pin 14 same test. Or, if running PMDX-107 spindle board, check the 107 board DS-4 LED. See page 14 of 107 manual.
4. Double-check 126 board relay settings. For your setup JP2 should be "multi-mode" and Dip 8 - "Closed" (controls K2 with P14-Port2)

Did reverse work before the coolant mods?

Yes it did. I got tied up today doing another project but I'm going to revert back to my setup before the coolant pump change and see what happens.

1. P16-Port1 LED should come on at either M3 or M4 - good to go.
2. Check Mach3 LED status on P14-Port1 when you call M3 and M4. Change state? If not, skip to #4 below
3. Check 126 board LED status on pin 14 same test. Or, if running PMDX-107 spindle board, check the 107 board DS-4 LED. See page 14 of 107 manual.
4. Double-check 126 board relay settings. For your setup JP2 should be "multi-mode" and Dip 8 - "Closed" (controls K2 with P14-Port2)

Yes, Pin 16 LED comes on with a M3 or M4 command. I'll look at the Mach 3 pin 14 LED. The BoB pin 14 LED does not come on with a M3 or M4 command. I'll check out the 107 board but I don't recall seeing an LED come on with an M3 or M4. JP2 is set to multi-mode. Don't recall if Dip switch 8 is open or closed but will check tomorrow.

This is way too much fun. Geez!!!

Back