Flood Coolant

Looks like 766 has the highest viscosity of the 700 series.

What isn't on the SDS is the sulfur compound, so that must be less than 1%, but it's also undeclared so I can't speak on the exposure risk. I am assuming Mobil wants to sell this cutting oil, so they probably left the nasty stuff out. I'm going to buy a 5-gallon bucket for my mill.
1.6% sulphur is what I read.

Guys,
I've got myself some Mobilmet 766. There is only a screen between the chip pan and inlet into the coolant tank. Is this enough?
1575740993208.png

See if you have baffles in your coolant tank. The baffles are typically set up so the coolant enters one side of the tank, then a baffle forces the liquid under a baffle that also stands above the coolant level, then another baffle that forces the coolant over the next baffle with the bottom blocked off. There can be repetitions of the over under, (not so likely in a coolant tank.) The baffles alternately keep solids that are both heavier and lighter than the coolant from getting back to the pump. They work quite well, but must be cleaned out once in a while

What a mess. It's like taking a gallon jug of oil and dumping all around your lathe. sort of. Definately helps drilling, parting and tapping. But yeah it is a mess.

pretty much covered the downside above.

But there are HUGE advantages too - MUCH longer tool life and faster cutting rates. With many special cutters costing over $100 each, I can put up with an aerator to keep the coolant fresh, and wiping my mill down when it gets sticky.

Yes I agree. Tool seems to cut much easier.
Since I'm using oil not really necessary to clean up much. So far the biggest grip I have is the cutting tool being full of oil when you remove it. Then you have to wipe it down before putting away. Also I'm not sure how healthy it is to have cutting oil all over your hands. 50/50 if I'll continue using it.

Back