Flooded Equipment

Hi Guys,

I agree with the above comments.

In general strip it down to the field windings, a good rinse in fresh water, then bake in a warm oven, until dry. Megger the windings to carcass. Then spray the windings with varnish. Re assemble, and test.

Depending upon the size of the motor the bearings might be PB, so carefully check the rotor for any rust on bearing surfaces. Ball races may or may not have water in them. If they are shielded the grease should have protected them, but they still might contain water. YMMV

All the above advise is good. One test for your motors that was not mentioned is the ring test on the coils. You may have to go to a electric motor shop to do this. It's equivalent to tapping a grind stone. If it rings it's good except this is an electrical ring. Just one winding can be shorted even though the ohm meter says good and your motor ain't going to run good.

All good advise above..a better idea might be load those crusty machines up and drop them off in wake forest..I'll take care of them..seriously, good luck..

I laugh on that one. However if Wake Forest is not convenient than drop them over at Dallas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All good advice above, the first thing I'd consider is What are these motors worth and what si the cost to replace them. then I'decide if I wanted to do all that work.

If trying to restore them I'd definitely replace the bearings without even looking at them. Bearings are cheap and a lot of work to replace them, do it while the motor is in bits.

Back