Floor Finish

Cool, exciting times.

AFAIK color in the concrete will just make it a different color, if he was thinking you wanted a finish like epoxy paint so it would be a certain color then that should work fine. However, I doubt they do it for free and if you still need something on top to seal it you'll be paying twice.

Like I said before I'm a fan of Thompson's or something like it. Water based so no nasty fumes, easy to renew later on, and best of all cheap.

John

Good choice on a the plywood walls. I have that in part of my shop, It is way better than the Sheetrock. I can hang whatever I want on it easily. I wish you he whole building had the plywood! I used a two part epoxy for the floor about 12 years ago for the shop for my business. It has held up fairly hard use (the repair area for my landscaping company) pretty well. I don’t remember the brand, it it was what was recommended by our local paint supplier for a commercial application.

I specified plywood for the interior, not sure how thick. It will be easy to hang stuff. I'll probably finish it clear.

Plywood is great for fastening to, but I would consider painting it white rather than a natural finish. The brighter you can make a shop the better, and the older your eyes get the more important that brightness becomes!

White on. My present shop has white walls. But I do like the warm feeling of wood...

I am going to have state of the art overhead lighting and all my major machines have dedicated lighting on them. Any lighting suggestions?

I'm literally starting this project lfrom a blanksheet of white paper.

Putting up a 40x6014 shop right now. Finally broke ground and getting the footings done now. We didn't have rain for like two months and now that we have started work it rains like every third day. I feel you pain.

Back