Fluxmaster 50 OCC Error

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
Hello,
I purchased this old Bridgeport several months ago.
When I went to see it before I bought it I was frustrated with an OCC error code. Not knowing anything about it I just reset it, it seemed to work after that.
I got it home and I find I have this intermittent issue as I had before.
In the "FM50" manual, OCC is"over current at steady speed".
According to the manual, the possible cause is;
1. Transient change in load
2. Transient change in power supply
Countermeasure;
1. Examine the loading configuration
2. Install inductor on power supply side

As I look at the pic, I see a ground wire going nowhere. Maybe I should provide a proper ground?
I hooked it up exactly as the previous owner had it. Hmmmmm.

Anyone else have one of these?
Any related wisdom to share?

IMG_0723.JPG

I had installed a teco vfd on my surface grinder and was getting a error like that on startup sometimes. I ended up changing setting to vector drive and solved problem??

Don't know if that will fix the OCC error, but yes, the ground from the wall should be connected to the drive, and the ground from the drive should be connected to the motor.

Add the grounds, it very well could make the difference
Mark

Not a lot of programming parameters, and none that I see specific to setting the motor parameters or overload. It could be that the motor is drawing more capacity than the VFD has available, so it may not be sized correctly. There could be some motor winding issues that may also trip the VFD. Ground should be attached, but I do not see how this would change anything in relationship to the OCC error.

I'll fix the ground. Hopefully someone will chime in that has a similar issue with the same device.
Motor winding? NOOOOOOOO, but maybe.

F_18 Must be programmed to for your motor. This is based on what is on the nameplate of your motor and which particular flavor of the FM50 you have.

FM50_F_18.PNG

I fixed the ground.
Now I have OCC, OCD and OCA.
Over current on acceleration
OCD, over current on deceleration
Over current at steady speeds.
I'd say I need to determine if this motor is pulling too many amps. But first, I'll see if I can change the settings.
I may need to buy a new VFD.

I think Mr. Clueless may be on to something.
Thank you

I had the same exact faults when I first installed mine on the surface grinder. You do need to put all the motor parameters in. Volts,amps,and rpm. I had asked for help on the forum and the responses were change to sensorless vector drive. Check parameter 00-00 default is 0 change it to 1 and see if it changes. You should put a amp meter on anyway to see what it’s pulling.

That's encouraging. If I can figure out how to program this thing.......

Back