fog buster

Den,
I have no idea how much coolant I use per hour. None of my runs are long enough to bother looking at the coolant level. But it's very little as I'm not trying to flood, just wet things.
Ken

Can any of you guys that have one of the type of mister posted above tell me how often your compressor cycles at your specific settings and include how big the air tank is i would greatly appreciate it?
I am thinking about modding some of these misters to make a seedling starter for my mom to start veggies inside to get a jump on the planting season hopefully getting bigger better harvest. These misters are basically the same for a plant specific air applied mister but they cost close to $100 per feeder head which is beyond my reach but at the price these coolant misters go for they would work great so long as they aren't very air hungry. I would be setting up a 12v solenoid thru a relay and repeat timer to control how often and how long they spray so they won't be running non stop but i would need them to run 2 minutes on 10 minutes off cycles back to back. I may just go ahead and order one to try but for now money is tight and i need to be very frugal and hopefully someone could help answer if this would be feasible without having my compressor constantly running? Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Just a thought but there are very cheap Nylon mister heads that plug into Alkathene pipe available at garden shops and big shed stores designed to run off town water which is usually around 55 p.s.i. at gate. Would a small liquid pump be a better choice? Probably be a lot quieter. Set the pressure to what you like, use a anti-hammer reservoir and solenoid control on/off timing.

Just a thought but there are very cheap Nylon mister heads that plug into Alkathene pipe available at garden shops and big shed stores designed to run off town water which is usually around 55 p.s.i. at gate. Would a small liquid pump be a better choice? Probably be a lot quieter. Set the pressure to what you like, use a anti-hammer reservoir and solenoid control on/off timing.

Yeah thats an option but that wouldn't allow her to use her rain barrels unless i use a pump but it wont produce the "fog like mist" that im looking to get but Thanks for the suggestion.

Can any of you guys that have one of the type of mister posted above tell me how often your compressor cycles at your specific settings and include how big the air tank is i would greatly appreciate it?
I am thinking about modding some of these misters to make a seedling starter for my mom to start veggies inside to get a jump on the planting season hopefully getting bigger better harvest. These misters are basically the same for a plant specific air applied mister but they cost close to $100 per feeder head which is beyond my reach but at the price these coolant misters go for they would work great so long as they aren't very air hungry. I would be setting up a 12v solenoid thru a relay and repeat timer to control how often and how long they spray so they won't be running non stop but i would need them to run 2 minutes on 10 minutes off cycles back to back. I may just go ahead and order one to try but for now money is tight and i need to be very frugal and hopefully someone could help answer if this would be feasible without having my compressor constantly running? Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

I have a 60 gallon tank. I could shut the compressor off and run for hours.

Got her done today thanks for the pictures and ideas y’all I got things dialed in a bit better running 40 psi and I did a little test half an hour of run time and used 3/4s of a cup of water
CA8C3FB4-D898-4B9A-866D-9BC7BE02BDFE.jpeg2663CC9A-478D-49DF-A160-889F1A77F2A4.jpegF24C6F10-16A3-4D6A-A7E7-90148F090717.jpeg26976F6E-6B49-4ABA-AE46-B7FB25EFC7D2.jpeg

I have a 60 gallon tank. I could shut the compressor off and run for hours.
When you say run for hours would that be literally and consistently or is that running the most system intermittently?
For the price once i save a few pennies I will pick one up to play around with, Thanks for the info.

When you say run for hours would that be literally and consistently or is that running the most system intermittently?
For the price once i save a few pennies I will pick one up to play around with, Thanks for the info.
I’m guessing with a 60 gallons and depending on how many heads he is running I’m guessing it would run a long time I’ve a 100 gallon tank on my compressor (10HP) it takes a while to pressure up to 150psi I think mine cycled on once in the 30 minutes probably for just a minute or two I don’t think it should have turned on at all but I’ve a couple little leaks I’ve been needing to fix. it really depends on what your cut in and cut out pressures are I mean if you run at 40 psi you can cut in at 40 psi and cut out at 150. But it will just run longer to recharge. My compressor cuts in at 100 and out at 150. Remember you pay for the watt used my compressor is 10Hp it’s gonna take 10 times the watts a one horsepower compressor would use but a one horsepower compressor will run ten times longer......

Ran like a dream kept things super cool almost cold!!! 6 flutes .045 deep 22.2 long 68 minutes probably probably could have went a bit faster on the feed rate but it was cutting good and staying cool. Again thanks for the help y’all!!!!

Den

Back