Folders w.i.p. photos

They are really cool, I've been wanting some like that, I'll have to try it. I normally use regular Torx or spline screws on mine but I really like these you've shown here. Thanks, good looking knives.

Dwayne

They are really cool, I've been wanting some like that, I'll have to try it. I normally use regular Torx or spline screws on mine but I really like these you've shown here. Thanks, good looking knives.

Dwayne

Thanks Dwayne
I make some of my pivot screws with ivory or mother of pearl inlays. The inlays usually end up about .020 thick.

PEARL6.jpg

Now that's cool, I've put Mastodon Ivory, pearl, and stone in my thumb studs, but this is way cool!

Dwayne

Beautiful work!
I like the method you used for holding the blade in the lathe. I will remember that one. But, that blade spinning around must be a helicopter.
Larry

Beautiful work!
I like the method you used for holding the blade in the lathe. I will remember that one. But, that blade spinning around must be a helicopter.
Larry

Yeah, that helicopter will hurt your hand and make a total mess of a dial indicator. Should have a larger diameter faceplate, but this is what I've come up with to do this.

Nice looking knifes 7mag. My bro in law owns 5 elements forge. He also makes some really nice stuff. Check him out. 5elementsforge.com

Master of unfinished projects

Very nice work! Would love to see more machining set-up pictures!

Fantastic fit and finish. I really like the flow of the lines in the flipper. And the contouring of the Damascus onlays is perfect. Well done.

Back