Follower rest ID

Ski

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Hello, I have this on another thread but found something that made me think this may be a better spot to post. I'll run it here for awhile and see if anyone knows. I will probably try the other Forums too. Hope that is ok. I posted a couple of new pictures. There are more on the South Bend forum. It was also mentioned it looks like a Sheldon. If someone does think they know for sure and could send me a picture or 2 I would be grateful .The follow rest came with a 13 inch south Bend. It is not a south Bend though. I found that the tailstock wrench says "Leblond" So thinking maybe the follow rest is from a Leblond as well. I have the spindle out of the 13 now but when I set the unknown rest on one bolt [both don't line up] the "circle" of the rest follows pretty close to a regular South Bend 13 follow rest ,which I recently picked up. So I think it is for a 13 or maybe a little bigger or smaller as I do not know how the mounting bolts for it would be ,but it must be similar. Measurements are Offset from attachment point (saddle contact) is 2-1/2" to outside of finger. Mounting slots are 7/16".Distance from edge of vertical slot to inside edge of horizontal slot is 2-7/8". Bolt hole pattern should be aprox. 3" center to center. Overall height is 11-5/8". Height from bottom of base to top of circle is 8-1/8". This is measured sitting on tabletop surface. 11032 are the only numbers I found and it is on the end of one finger. Thanks , Chris

Follower pics 2 005.JPG Follower pics 2 006.JPG

Although I don't have one, it looks exactly like the one pictured in my Logan manual. The lines are the same and the finger design is the same. My manual is for a the 10" lathes, but I assume the larger Logans would be the same basic shape.

I just measured the mounting holes on my carriage and they are +/- 1.200" c/c.

Steve

Just a thought but have you tried doing a google image search, for instance I tried 'LaBlond follower rest" and came up with one on ebay that looks amazingly similar, might get you going in the right direction or narrow down your search...? :thinking:

Thanks Don and Steve, I looked at a lot of these in the last few days. It looks similar to a Leblond 15 as well, which I found on ebay. The pocket above each fingers is one area that is different on some. I hope someone with a 12" can compare shape and numbers for me. Once the bolt pattern and shape is matched it will probly be it then I'll toss it on the classifieds and try to find it a home. Thanks again guys. Ski

Not an exact match but just for reference here are some pictures of my Logan 10" follower rest:

sr1.JPG sr2.JPG sr3.JPG

I am more inclined to think this is a Leblond. It looks a match when you compare the space at the top of the finger grove. Does anyone out there in Leblond land have a 13 Regal? I was looking at the regal 1954 manual and there is a parts section at the back but no part number. If anyone has a regal parts book for a regal 13 with the follow rest in it ,let me know.

I realize this is an old thread, but I think it is a LeBlond 15" follow rest. One that we are looking to find for the USS Pampanito Submarine Museum which recently received a LeBlond Servo Shift 15x30 ca 1981. The LeBlond follow rest has the following specs:
2.906" centers on mounting holes, .478" slots for mounting screws, 6.781" center mounting hole to lathe turning center, 2.125" offset towards headstock of center of fingers from mounting face.

Hello, Richard. Welcome aboard.

I realize this is an old thread, but I think it is a LeBlond 15" follow rest. One that we are looking to find for the USS Pampanito Submarine Museum which recently received a LeBlond Servo Shift 15x30 ca 1981. The LeBlond follow rest has the following specs:
2.906" centers on mounting holes, .478" slots for mounting screws, 6.781" center mounting hole to lathe turning center, 2.125" offset towards headstock of center of fingers from mounting face.
I just saw this today. I still have follower rest but will need to ck measurements. It is same in dimensions as the South Bend 13 rest for most part besides mounting holes.

Back