For the Discerning Machinist

Think I'll order a set it's only $42 million Canadian

I've been watching an item that is at $20K cause it's out of stock. Looks like Shars is out of stock on quite a few items right now, a number of their listings have been like that in the past couple of months.

Vendors on Ebay often set the price to a ridiculous amount to prevent purchasing when out of stock, easier to keep the listing active that way rather than having to repost it. At least Shars changes the listing title to note out of stock. They used to do this on Amazon as well but haven't seen it done in years.

I'd never thought of doing that wil the price. I've got some items on Ebay that have 10k views and well over 100 watchers.

I'd hate to lose all that if I need to go on vacation or something like that.

For vacation, if you have an ebay store there's a feature to turn on vacation. It will note in the listings that you are away until whatever date & purchases can't made.

Thanks, I didn't know that. I don't have a store though.

I'm going to a swap meet this weekend and I may just try to do that. I won't have time to answer the many emails I get per day while I'm there.

Thanks, I didn't know that. I don't have a store though.

I'm going to a swap meet this weekend and I may just try to do that. I won't have time to answer the many emails I get per day while I'm there.
Sorry guys, to the best of my knowledge that trick will not work if no store. If no store and you have something listed that has multiple of the same. You can just go in and change the listing to “0” inventory. That will keep the listing and views and watchers…Dave

Back