For Those That Don't Know

B

Bill Gruby

Forum Guest
Register Today
This is a heads up for some. You see this on ebay a lot, Shars has one price and if you keep looking Discount Machine has the same item only a little cheaper. Well, be advised that Shars and Discount Machine are one in the same. Shars is the West Coast Branch while DM is based in Illinois. You are buying from Shars either way.

"Billy G"

Along the same lines as Enco and MSC. I wonder what the advantage to doing it that way?

For the Shars outfit, one is the East Cost Supplier (Discount Machine) and Shars is the West Coast Supplier. The invoices all are from Shars.

"Billy G"

I buy from discount machine quite often. :)

I found this out accidentally. I bought a set of 5C Collets from Discount Machine. The payment from paypal went to Shars. I called paypal and they gave me the info.

"Billy G"

Well then. Given identical item, I'll go with the tax dodgers every time.

I just got the shipping conformation in my email. At the very bottom it says Discount Machine, a Division of Shars.

"Billy G"

Sometimes one company buys out the competition and doesn't change the name to keep loyal customers or keep suppliers that one company has an exclusive deal with.

I just bought a large end mill from discount machine. It was about half of what it would of been on the Shars website. One of the things I also noticed is that if I sort eBay by price discount machine will have a free shipping version and a paid shipping version that end up varing in price quite a bit. I paid shipping on this end mill but it was a couple dollars cheaper than the free shipping one.
Dave

Back