For Those That Don't Know

I just purchased a inexpensive 3/8" ccmt right hand turning tool from discount machine and wanted to change out the insert for another but the screw was so darn tight I snapped the wrench trying to remove it, I couldn't believe that just happened so I went and got a torx out of the tool box and it did it again, "Son of a gun" This time I heated the insert end of the tool up with a propane torch and it finally came loose.

I am not new to inserts and have never had anything close to this tight right out of the box. CG

Yeah, I learned that you have to compare prices between the Ebay (discount Machine) and the Shars website. The killer is the shipping when it comes to the Ebay (discount Machine) purchases. Discount Machine does NOT combine shipping, even when you ask them to. They send a invoice with the shipping cost for each item full price. The Shars website allows you to calculate shipping and several times I have found it cheaper to buy several items at once from Shars. The Shars website has a Flat rate price of $15 up to a certain amount of weight. On top of that, several items on the Shars site never go to Ebay auctions.

I just purchased a 8x6x5 angle plate and a 3x6" cylindrical square from the website due to arrive tomorrow. The square is not on Ebay, but the angle plate is, but the angle plate has a shipping fee. By buying them both on the Shars website, I was able to keep the shipping cost down. From the Ebay site I ordered a 81pc gage block set, and a set of telescoping and small hole gauges that had free shipping. But then again, you have to be careful. sometimes the Ebay sale item with free shipping is actually the price of the item WITH the shipping cost included. Not really a savings at all. Compare the price of the Ebay item with the Shars Website price and you can see which one is really a bargain.

I don't know if JTS machinery is part of Enco or shars but they do combine shipping. They're not afraid to make a flat rate box bulge. They are on eBay also.

Last edited:
Anything I have ever bought from Shars or Discount Machine had Free Shipping.

"Billy G"

I don't know if JTS machinery is part of Enco or shars but they do combine shipping. They're not afraid to make a flat rate box bulge. They are on eBay also.
I've bought a few things from JTS and although I really wasn't looking, I don't recall seeing anything that put them in the Shars family. I've heard a few guys bag on Shars/DM and different people have different experiences, but I have no problem with them. Just recently Shars had a set of large end mills (6 pieces 3/4"- 1 1/2") on eBay as a BIN for $104. Which I thought was OK, but my checking account isn't exactly bursting right now so I just kept an eye on it, then one day I'm cruising thru eBay and the sets down to $84, I couldn't help myself!

Back