For those with no Cad

Just a note:

Prints will only be sent to the person that sent them to me. It will be up to them to send them out as they see fit unless they wish them to be added to Print section of this site.

Welcome to the gang! What size prints can you produce? Do you have a plotter that will make "D" size prints if needed? That could be pretty handy for some.

What I do is take sketches and turn them into a blueprint with all pertinent info. I then send the files back to the person I got the sketches from. I do not send actual paper prints. That is why I can send them in dxf, iges, step, pdf, etc. I also will not send the files to anyone but the person that sent the sketches to me. It is up to them as to where they want to send them.

Bill,

thanks for the generous offer. Just to make sure I understand, are you talking about taking a hand drawn sketch of a part and putting it into a cad program and sending me a PDF?

On a related topic, I have been on a never ending search for an easy to use cad app to use on my iPad since the day I got it. I am still looking.

Thanks again for for the offer!

jim

Bill,

thanks for the generous offer. Just to make sure I understand, are you talking about taking a hand drawn sketch of a part and putting it into a cad program and sending me a PDF?

On a related topic, I have been on a never ending search for an easy to use cad app to use on my iPad since the day I got it. I am still looking.

Thanks again for for the offer!

jim

yes that is what I can do. or I can send it back in both pdf and dxf. and if someone wants a 3D I can send them an iges or step file back.

What I do is take sketches and turn them into a blueprint with all pertinent info. I then send the files back to the person I got the sketches from. I do not send actual paper prints. That is why I can send them in dxf, iges, step, pdf, etc. I also will not send the files to anyone but the person that sent the sketches to me. It is up to them as to where they want to send them.

Thanks Bill

I was trained to make paper and pencil prints before CAD was popular. I dabble in CAD but I am not set up with the right computer layout equipment so it takes me a long time to complete a print. I appreciate your offer.

BillC,
I started out with paper & pencil when I got into Special Machine Designing. We then went to Cadkey which was real easy to learn. Since then I have acquired Cadkey, AutoCad, MasterCam, Solid Works, & ProE. I find MasterCam a bit easier for 3D.
Now I put all my prints on a CD so I don't loose them. Many are in also in pdf so I can open a whole project up in one file.

Bill, please call me. I want the Die Filer Plans done and made available to the members here.

"Billy G"

Bill, that is very generous.
I posted plans for an oil can here:
http://www.alloyavenue.com/vb/showthread.php?10548-Building-an-Oiler/page6
These are rookie plans done in sketchup. They really should be redone correctly for people. I would be happy to make them available in the print section here if you can redraw them. What would be the most appropriate file format? Let me know if you have time for this.
Thanks
R

Back