Ford 300 inline six cylinder engine

Gentlemen,
The engine is running. Having been away for almost 5 weeks I was in a rush to get it running for the NAMES show but that didn't happen. My apologies to those fellows that came to the show to see it running. This is the second running. I fired it up earlier in the week but had a few adjustment and modifications to make.
It seems like the air bleed hole in the carb needs to be a little bigger because it takes too much adjustment on the main needle to go from idle to high speed.
So far everything seems to be working well. It looks like it will need a different seal in the timing cover because it leaks a little.
Here's the link to the Youtube video.
http://youtu.be/tdrEHY3uqqs
gbritnell

So cool to see this completed and running, just beautiful.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

An amazing feet! Thanks so much for sharing the build.

In the video, it looks like number 1 plug was "leaking" voltage. How big is the coil you use?

Again, thanks for sharing your time and effort, I know I learn something each time I read one of your posts.

Just surfing the site this morning and am TOTALLY blown away! I am not sure I would ever have the patients and the stick to it ivness to complete a project of that depth! I am recently retired and in the process of getting my "shop" set and hoping to start some learning projects this winter. Right now I am just hoping to build a reasonable good running air/steam engine in the near future. This is indeed inspirational - KuDus to you sir! and Thanks!
A note on the engine if I may. I learned to drive in my Mom's 68 Mustang with the 200ci version of this engine and I can tell you I abused that engine a lot. It is one tough. and I would have to say indestructible. engine. As an example doing power shifts ( never pulling your foot of the gas at full throttle) and missing the shift, more than once. Gawd I wish I still had that car!

Beautiful work, reminded me of the first new truck I ever purchased. A 1990 F-150 4X4 with the aforementioned 300 inline six.
What an engine. If I remember correctly, it had almost as much HP as the 302 V8 engine with more torque.
Damn thing was almost bulletproof. I had almost 300k miles on it when my son wrecked it.

Friend of mine at work back then had a van with the same engine. He couldn't see buying a new vehicle as long as it was running.
He even tried to kill it, didn't ever change the oil or filter. It finally croaked after he ran it (on purpose) without any oil in it, Still ran for over a 100 miles before seizing up.

I just watched the video. Wow, wow, wow.
A very talented individual.

Simply amazing. The dedication of getting it right is not something you see much these days. My Blue Oval hat is off to you sir. Cheers, Mike

I own a '93 f150 with the 300 engine, so it is really cool to see your creation. I am in awe.

As we say here in East Texas, "dadgummit I wish I could do that".
Amazing !!!!

Chuck

Very incredible build!

Which makes me very sorry to say... it looks more like a 240 straight six to me. ;)

Back