Fordillac V-8 Engine Complete

gbritnell

Active User
Registered
Gentlemen,
The flathead V-8 engine is complete. With a total of 16 months and approximately 1900 hours, which includes, design, drawing and machining the project is finished, save starting and tuning. There were a few glitches along the way but nothing major, except the oil pan which the first one started out with the oil pump bulge on the wrong side of the pan. Other than that it has been very satisfying and enjoyable project.
gbritnell

everything really came out nice. I'm looking forward to your next video
Steve

Very nice job! I can not wait for the next video.

In route to you are several large blocks of 6061 for a full size SOHC 427 Ford. ;) I should be so lucky. Really beautiful work. Were some full size Studilacs built (Caddy engine in 53-55 Studebakers) . Can't wait to hear it fire up. Mike

ya know, if you put a drive shaft on it and connect it to a specially made blender, that would make for the most unique margarita mixer...

I couldn't tell the scale of it until I watched the video. :grin:
Awesome.

Yes, a number of Studelacs were built between 1953 and '55. Bill Frick, the artist Built a number of them, using Studebaker Coupe/Hardtop bodies and Cadillac engines, half a dozen still exist, maybe only one or two in driveable condition. The 330 Cu In Cadillac engines far surpassed Studebaker's 232s.

Last edited:
I saw that in my youtube subscription box earlier today. Had no idea you were a forum member.

Can't wait to see it running! Does it run on straight gas?

Back