Forecast Fri & Sat: 68° & 75° - Springtime in January

middle.road

Granite Stoopid...
H-M Supporter Gold Member
And along with it - condensation.
Been couped up for (10) days now and I wanna get some shoptime.
Got down to 29° last night so this is going to be interesting tomorrow.
Going to have to blanket the machines in the morning, get the towels ready and hope for the best.
They've been soaking in the cold since before the holidays.
I've had the entry door open since this afternoon, -fingers crossed-
Shouldn't have made it a priority months ago to make up some lanolin goo and get in the machinery and such.

Seattle is expecting snow this weekend

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

30F at the Sacramento airport this morning in "sunny California." It gets colder here, too, most years into the mid 20's... But not at all like Minnesota, where I originally came from.

Rain and severe weather. Condensation and everything sweating in the shop if I don’t leave the fan on. Plus...since my move I can’t find my raw lanolin. I might have to buy more if I don’t find it because I missed the fact that my lathe chucks which were tucked in a corner weren’t protected with oil and went unnoticed for the two weeks which were absolutely miserable. I went to swap chucks and found surface rust forming. Not the end of the world but.... I do like shiny.
Anyway...70 degrees, on and off rain with 90% humidity. I can’t stand New Orleans weather. I really need to get some climate control but that’s not in the cards yet.

65° @ 8PM. Gosh - wish it was like this all the time. Wait that would be P.R. & Hawaii and other places close to the equator.

Made it through without any sweating on the machinery, which is unusual considering what we've been through other times.
Finally got the truck unloaded from the estate sale from before Christmas.
Going to try to post picts tomorrow over coffee.
Didn't get around to making up the lanolin - still

Gonna be mid fifties here and we are freezing our butts off, can't wait for warm weather.

Wind blowing hard today with that front coming in. Thankfully doesn't look like the temps are going to drop back to normal until later in the week.
We lost power a couple of hours ago so we decided to take a run into town in the Jeep.
UPS on our server just gave up the ghost. Guess it time to replace the battery.

Jeepie doesn't like sitting. Weeping leakage around the valve covers, so it smelled like an oil burning furnace by the time we got home.
You'd think that after 40+ years and countless valve cover R&R's I'd get it right, but alas no...

75 degree in Honolulu tonight so no white stuff in sight. On the down side ... Hmm, can't think of a down side.
About the only possible thing I can come up with would be 'shipping'. But then that's a minor trade-off for great weather in paradise.

Back