Fork truck + Texting + Concrete Wall

SA has passed the hands free law, Then for a while there were more wrecks as people were trying to hide the fact they were on the phone, Now they have gone back to do not care. They cannot pull you over for just being on the phone, They have to find another reason, and they do not do that. They could spend all day just handing out tickets for other stuff, but then they would have to give them selves tickets as well.

Yea, I see the police on their phones, and laptops all the time.
When we were ready to sign for this house the seller and a group of friends were working at a military base, headed out for lunch on their motorcycles. A police officer, just dropped off his son somewhere, when they were stopped at a red light, he ran into the back of them, killing one on the spot. Her boyfriend never did recover. He's still laid up in a convalescent home. I can't remember how many got hurt. Turns out this wasn't his first accident. He drove into a concrete wall also. Did I mention that he was drunk both times. Wow.

Life Is Tough It's Tougher When You're Stupid. A saying that I pounded into my sons head since he was old enough to listen. I eventually shortened the saying into the acronym.

LITITWYS

He now tells friends and strangers "A wise man use to tell me...."
I'm so proud. :D

There are stupid people working at every job there is.sometimes others are hurt or worse before they are labeled a stupid ass.a lot of times that's not enough to get them gone..

If we got rid of 'participation trophies'... and the mentality that goes behind them... and people had to suffer the consequences of their choices...
Well...

OTOH... that is politics...
Never mind... :)

SA has passed the hands free law, Then for a while there were more wrecks as people were trying to hide the fact they were on the phone, Now they have gone back to do not care. They cannot pull you over for just being on the phone, They have to find another reason, and they do not do that. They could spend all day just handing out tickets for other stuff, but then they would have to give them selves tickets as well.
Here in Illinois, if you're involved in an accident, the first thing the police do is check with your cell phone carrier to see if you were on your phone at the time of the accident and ticket you if you were regardless of hands free or not.

I live in one of the fastest growing areas in the country. Traffic is just nuts. So many people are moving here that there is no way that we will ever catch up at the pace we are building/rebuilding the highway infrastructure. Every single day I see a huge percentage of the people around me in traffic are texting. The bad is I have to drive in that mess. The good is that I'm in the body shop business so there is a silver lining to the storm cloud. :grin:.

The National Transportation Safety Board and the Insurance Industry for Highway Safety gather volumes of data on crash causes. A relative works at one of them, and has access to data from both. Deaths by texting passed up death by DWI several years ago. If you toss in crippling injury with death the numbers are staggering. First half of last year ( last complete period) data on death and crippling injury has it a 7 to 1 texting vs. DWI.
DWI included driving while under the influence of any intoxicants legal or illegal.

Back