Fork truck + Texting + Concrete Wall

Drivers here are so bad, the only real solution is autonomous driving. Every one here on I85 is a Nascar driver. I got passed the other day by someone doing 100 mph on the right hand SHOULDER.
Robert
Had the same thing happen a couple weeks ago. The only difference was that the yahoo did it where an entrance ramp was merging into traffic. He went around me on the right, between 2 cars trying to merge, then a hard left through 3 lanes of traffic to the fast lane. People were scurrying around like hamsters in a maze trying to get out of his way. Scary to say the least.

The best part was his escapade didn't last long. He went by a state trooper at about 100+ mph and that was the end. About 5 miles down the road he was off to the side of the road surrounded by police cars.

I think the police may be scared to patrol I85. Too dangerous for them. LOL.
Robert

I think people should be tested to see how many tracks that have...
People with a one track mine should not be aloud to own a cell phone.

I was sitting at a red light in a Ranger. Got rear ended about 40 mph. Knocked Ranger about 50 feet. Got out, head was bloody. Found my cap on the toolbox. Finally registered that my head broke the rear window.

The screen on the phone is the issue, just like radio knobs and dials and AC settings. There is no excuse for a cell phone screen to be working while it is moving faster than walking speed. The GPS can sense this and turn off the screen to force hands free. Just no will to do this by law is the only reason it has not happened.

The screen on the phone is the issue, just like radio knobs and dials and AC settings. There is no excuse for a cell phone screen to be working while it is moving faster than walking speed. The GPS can sense this and turn off the screen to force hands free. Just no will to do this by law is the only reason it has not happened.
Sounds like you don't have passengers with you. How else are those bored teenagers suppose to entertain themselves in the back seat? ;)

They can look out the window and learn about the world instead of living in the basement with video games! Most SUVs have screens in the back for movies etc.

They can look out the window and learn about the world instead of living in the basement with video games! Most SUVs have screens in the back for movies etc.
My phone is attached to my Ram truck via Bluetooth or USB cable, which is the only way my truck has navigation. I also listen to music this way also.
These sorts of issues are related to the operator, not the device. I am not defending the people that look at their phones while driving, but the issue is much broader than you may be realizing.
On a tangent... The discussion of legalizing marijuana is back in the news after this last election cycle. I find it interesting that the ones that want to outlaw its use are most likely the same idiots that are sitting in the bar drinking and slapping each other on the back after their lamenting about how bad the world is. They then head out to their jacked-up trucks after all of those drinks, thinking that they are fine to drive. There is a lot of hypocrisy in the world.

Back