Found This Along The Road Today

I'm rather jealous. I have a 10" Logan coming probably this Saturday. It was my father's, and he took it apart for a rebuild and then life happened and he never got anything relating to the leadscrew and gears back together. So along with the lathe I get a couple boxes of parts. I am very grateful for those parts, and the machine to which they belong, but I would love to have a nice machine like this more-or-less ready to go, right out of the crate. Sounds like you did your homework and got a great deal.

And I love your chip guard. I may have to make something like that. The crap catcher I made out of sheetmetal for my surface grinder has a somewhat similar look, but it didn't need windows or any form of adjustments. Thanks for the idea! :)

I'm sure you will be able to get the Logan back together with it working and looking fine especially since it was your fathers.
I have been using the guard for a couple of weeks now and originally thought it might be in the way but not so. It allows me to get closer to the machine without worry of flying chips or moving parts. My eyes aren't what they used to be.

Thanks

Ray

I'm sure you will be able to get the Logan back together with it working and looking fine especially since it was your fathers.
And no doubt I will learn more about the machine through the process than I would without it. That's just little comfort when you're anxious to finally do some damage to a chunk of metal. :)

Back