*** Found *** Wanted: 2MT x 31/32" drill bit

wa5cab

Downloads Moderator
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Trying to complete a 2MT drill bit set and the 31/32' one has eluded me for more than two years.

2MT is about 0.7in at the large end. The EBay picture shows a drill shank which is a lot smaller than the 2MT taper. I wonder if this is a typo and they have a 31/64 drill.

I have a 31/32 drill, but it is a straight shank. A big drill for an MT2 taper.

Daryl,

I found it about two weeks ago, and forgot that I had an open WANTED. I just fixed that. I paid a little less than what they have the last one priced at. But not much less. However, I have actually been trying to complete that 2MT 1/2" to 1" set for more like 15 years. I've been looking for it on eBay for about two years. I originally bought the Huot case and about 80% of enough to fill it back when Wholesale Tool still had a store in Houston.

Anyway, if I hadn't gotten a hit a couple of weeks ago on my long running eBay Search, your tip would have turned out to be it. So thanks.

I do see that they still haven't corrected the photograph. As Dave just pointed out, if the bit in the photo is actually 2MT, then the drill portion is around 1/2". And if the drill portion is actually 31/32", then the shank is 4MT, I tried three times to explain to the clueless women who apparently runs that company's eBay sales that either the description or the photo are wrong. Never could get it through her thick skull.

Dave,

Like you, I spotted the discrepancy between the photo and the title and description and questioned the seller. She swore that the description was correct, so I bought it and it was. That was the first time that I tried to explain what was wrong with the photo. :confused 3:

Dave,

You're correct that 31/32" is on the large size for a 2MT. But the large sizes mostly get used in either hardwood or aluminum. So they work OK.

Glad you found the drill!
Mission accomplished.

Daryl
MN

Back