Framelock folder

7mag

Active User
Registered
Finished a folder for a local law inforcement gentleman. CPM154 blade, titanium frame and my custom pivot screw with wrench.
I've posted a couple work in progress photos
Thanks for looking,

MMFOLDER1.jpg MMFOLDER4.jpg MM FRAMELOCK1.jpg MMFRAMELOCK2.jpg

Nice lines; simple and clean. I like the very shallow belly, and false edge on the top. That dimple pattern on the back is a nice touch too; how was that done?

Nice lines; simple and clean. I like the very shallow belly, and false edge on the top. That dimple pattern on the back is a nice touch too; how was that done?

Thanks for the comment.
The dimples were drilled in with a 1/16" drill bit. About .025 deep?? I'm not sure about the depth, just got them the same.
I drilled them on my little horizonal mill to get the spacing the same. You could drill on a drill press if you can mark them evenly.

Great job, I really like it. How long does it take to make one? There is a good market out there for this stuff.

Great job, I really like it. How long does it take to make one? There is a good market out there for this stuff.

I've never really kept a count on the hours to build a knife, but there is a lot of hand work that goes into my knives. There is a good market for custom knives. I have been blessed with plenty of work in this field.
Thanks for the comment.

Back