Frankenmill up and running

comstock-friend

Active User
Registered
A stick of 8 journal boxes (3/4" B&O D30, Friends Models) on my 1938 Bridgeport round ram with a 1984 Taiwan Rusnok head. I've owned this mill for about 25 years and this is the first time it's turned a cutter. Had to make a tramming head this morning (the Rusnok is a b***** to tram), then dial the Kurt in parallel to the x axis. Happy boy, can now fix more toys:))!!! (The BP's M head needs some parts that hopefully the Rusnok can handle.)

Motor is a Leeson 190 VDC with Leeson speed control. Fed from 240 VAC house power. I mounted the speed control on a plate bolted to the Leeson's mounting feet. The motor of course is C-face on an adapter plate. The Taiwanese motor was a POS.

100_8241.JPG100_8239.JPG100_8240.JPG

100_8241.JPG 100_8240.JPG 100_8239.JPG

Awesome my friend. Thats a very long time to wait for a chip. You got alot of scrap to make just to even out ahahahahaha

Need the BP working to get the Index 55 going. Countershaft arm needs a bushing and the countershaft bored out, get to use my Criterion...

John

Well, it was a short term solution that's not going forward. Just bought a J head (http://www.hobby-machinist.com/showthread.php?t=25148 ) and the Taiwanese Rusnok will get put back together and the M head put back on the round ram. If any SoCal folks are looking for a project, my round ram/M head will soon be available. Looking more for a good home rather than the money (this is a 1938 Bridgeport, very early). Moving will be a problem and professional help may be necessary. Stay tuned...

John

Back