Franko's Hf Engine Hoist Mod

Wow this looks good. I use mine for other purposes then intended also. One of these days I might get around to coping this idea.

Nice modifications to the engine hoist! It will make it a lot easier for moving machinery with.

Thanks Franko, that's a great mod. I just modified my hoist for more capacity to pick my mill up high enough to get it on the table but those legs get in the way. They prevent me from putting the mill in the center of the table no matter what I do. I hope you don't mind if I copy your idea, it's a perfect solution.

Thanks, epanzella. Feel free to copy and improve.

Thanks, epanzella. Feel free to copy and improve.
Thanks for sharing. I'll do pretty much the same thing you did but since I have a bunch of 3" x 3" x 3/16" angle on hand I'll weld it into a square tube and use that instead of the round.

Got the welding done today. I started to TIG it for neatness but I'm too slow with that thing. Out came the stick welder and full speed ahead! Welding the angle together to make a tube worked out fine. All that's left is a spritz of paint and it's Mill(er) time! Thanks again for sharing Franko!

DSC_1058.JPGDSC_1062.JPGDSC_1064.JPGDSC_1066.JPG

BTW this is the mill table I couldn't get the legs around so Franko's idea came along at the perfect time. I had the Harbor Freight 1 ton model hoist and to clear my mill table I needed the boom extended all the way but then the capacity is only 500 lbs and the mill weighs at least few hundred more than that. I took my dial calipers and tape measure to HF to check out the differences on the 2 ton model. The only differences were that the outer boom was 6 inches longer to leave less of the inner boom unsupported and of course it used an 8 ton jack insted of the 3 ton jack. I extended the outer boom along with the support bridge and changed out the jack with the OEM part# from the 2 ton model.

DSC_1051.JPGDSC_1056.JPGDSC_1067.JPG

Back