Free to the Needy

Charley Davidson

Active User
Registered
I have 5 dial calipers 4 are Enco & 1 Mitutoyo (sp) these seem to have spent there life in a tool room around grinding dust, they do work but one is sticky & all of them "0" in odd places but do repeat. Free to those who do not have any at all preferably but if you have a project for one that's fine. All I ask is you pay shipping 1 per person. First come first serve

Hey Charlie,
If you have any left, I would like one too. I have a Mit vernier caliper that my wife bought for me 30 years ago, but no dial calipers.
Bob

I have 5 dial calipers 4 are Enco & 1 Mitutoyo (sp) these seem to have spent there life in a tool room around grinding dust, they do work but one is sticky & all of them "0" in odd places but do repeat. Free to those who do not have any at all preferably but if you have a project for one that's fine. All I ask is you pay shipping 1 per person. First come first serve
I'm new to this all I have is a digital. I would like to learn to read a dial caliper soil you have any left tell me how to pay shipping . Scruffy

Charley...if you have any left...I'll take one brother :)

You can reset where they zero by slipping a piece of shim stock under the area where the wheel turns. You have to cut the shim stock so it will fit in there. It takes a few times before you get the hang of it. I would try about .005 thick shim stock.
jimsehr

Original equipment includes the reset tool on Mit's . The gear that rides in the rack is spring mounted and can roll over debris in the rack. Of course, this resets the zero position. Once the rack is cleaned, that tool is used to "jump" the pinion back into the proper tack tooth. You can make one, as mentioned.

Nice move, Charlie.

All 5 are spoken for now and I will try to get them shipped out Monday or Tuesday, they won't fit in a small one price USPS box so I'll just ship them regular shipping which might even be cheaper. I need everybody to PM me their address if you haven't already.

Thanks for the tip Jim.

Hey Charley,

It was good to see you again, and just wanted to publicly thank you for your generosity; I saw Jim's post, and will have to try that.
Bob

Thanks for stopping by Bob was glad to see you and don't be a stranger

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Back