freighting a machine.....

Cactus Farmer

Active User
Registered
I have found a machine in Alanta Ga. that weighs 250#. I am in west Texas and don't know how to have it crated/strapped to a pallet,ect. I need to get a price on the move and crate/strapping down charge. I do not want to spend more moving it than the tool is worth. Any ideas? Thanks,Lewis

I've always been in situations where the sender will crate/pallet the item. I'm not sure how you'll address that situation but, if you want to pay the shipper to do it, it's going to cost you -and I don't know of any shippers that offer that service.

250# from Ga to Tx will cost (roughly) $200 for freight alone assuming dock/roll-on pickup and drop-off at your local terminal. Lift gate to your house will add another 75 or so.

Ray

I have found a machine in Alanta Ga. that weighs 250#. I am in west Texas and don't know how to have it crated/strapped to a pallet,ect. I need to get a price on the move and crate/strapping down charge. I do not want to spend more moving it than the tool is worth. Any ideas? Thanks,Lewis

If you can get the seller to bolt it to a pallet securely you wont have to crate it unless you want to. I would ask them to remove all the handwheels and reduce it to the smallest configuration possible and insure that it is securely mounted to the pallet and let er rip. The freight co will pick it up and move it with a forklift and can set it right into a pick up when it arrives at the terminal. That is by far the best way I know to save a buck or two on shipping. I would offer the seller 50 bucks to palletize it and send photos before it is moved.. Hope this helps...

Bob

Did you get yout machine shipped? If not I may be going that general direction from Austin in a coupla weeks.
h

Back