From 3 phase to single phase with replacing motor

Thats a real beaut. I have one but am jealous of how pristine yours looks. Wish we could get a pic of that electromachanical brake system you installed.
Dear Plunger. Here I am sending some pictures of the electromechanical brake during intslation. Please note that the motor is built to receive tha brake. Notice that the "rear" shaft (not the front where the pulley is monted) is long. (for the brake and the vent fan.

Attachments

• Magnetic brake.jpg
    Magnetic brake.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
  • Rear long shaft.jpg
    Rear long shaft.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
  • Rear of the motor with brake rotor.jpg
    Rear of the motor with brake rotor.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
  • Final torque.jpg
    Final torque.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 7
  • Adjusting the air gap.jpg
    Adjusting the air gap.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 7
Thanks for the wiring diagram. I just bought a v13 with the same motor as you and have already ordered the same vfd.

Hello Dfloen, Let me know if you need any help with the motor break and/or the parameters setting of the VFD. I will be glad to help you as much as I can.
Recently I install e low cost DRO in my lathe. I will post pictures on what and how I did it. I am in a Caribbean island but as soon as I return home I will finish the DRO installation and post the information

Good morning. This will be my 4th machine that i did a VFD install on, one even has a 2hp l510 unit, so i do have a bit of experience. With your detailed wiring diagram, I won't even have to think while installing it :) The parameters for setting up the brake relay in the VFD would be helpful though. I'm sure there would have to be some timing adjustments to make the brake invisible on startup?

Dear Dfloen, I am suppose to be back home on March 20. I will look my notes regarding the motor break installation and how is controlled by the VFD. Will let you know then,

Dfloen. I do not remember exactly the diagram that I published. I just would like the let you know that I did not use the 24 VAC that come out of the motor. Instead I used a 115 VAC/24 VDC power supply and a relay to activate the motor break magnetic field.
So I do not know what kind of arrangement that you will be doing.

I will be doing the same as you. I already have a din rail mount 24vdc power supply. I havent looked at the brake wiring yet, but the way its wired i believe that the rectifier may be built into the brake itself. If that is the case, i will either bypass the rectifier and use my 24DC power supply, or i will power it through an external relay fed by a 120vac/24vac transformer. I believe that the brake coil is only 40 watts.

Dear Dfloen. Out of my head I can say but as soon as I get back home I will take a good look of what I did and let you know
Please wait .

Back