from 380 to 400v

Frode

Registered
Registered
How can i convert a lathe from 380 v 3 phase to 400v 3 phase

I'm pretty sure that they are the same thing. Your electricity company produces a voltage within a range rather than to a precise figure, there's a good chance 380V and 400V fall in the same range

Richard

The industrial voltage in my country varies between 380v 3 phase to 480 3 phase. And once I asked an electricial what to do if I have a higher voltage grid than the machine wants.
And he told me that as long as it has 3 phases and an industrial motor, it doesn't matter.

my new lathe have 3 phase 4-pin and i have 5-pin red 3 phase in my garage

my new lathe have 3 phase 4-pin and i have 5-pin red 3 phase in my garage
You probably have 3-"Hot" legs , 1 neutral, and 1 ground in your garage. The lathe probably just has 3- hot legs and a ground. You can pull you electrical panel off of both to see how they're hooked up internally and use your tester to determine the rest.

If you don't feel comfortable around electricity, get an electrician.

i have already spoken whit an electican, but i dont learn anything if i pay him to do the job.

i have already spoken whit an electican, but i dont learn anything if i pay him to do the job.

Could you not observe the jobs when he is doing it? Or ask questions when he is doing it?
Or make him draw you a diagram on what should be where and why.

I spend a considerable part of every week correcting wiring done by people with no experience or skill in electrical work. Unless you have training in electrical work, please pay the electrician. We'd rather have you alive.

My new neighbour that is electrician will take a look

Presumably you're in Bergen, Norway? Most of us aren't familiar with electric codes there, so it would be difficult to guide you from a distance. Your local electrician will know the local requirements. But as already noted, it does look as if your job will be very simple.

A person can take chances with 120V and even 240V, but a mistake with 400V is more risky.

Back