Frustration with usps

Cadillac

Registered
Registered
So I've been waiting for a package from a eBay score. Received a email today at 5:31 saying package was delivered. Thought it was odd because the mail was there at 2:30 when I got home. Went anyways to check and nothing. So I tried calling the post office. Closes at five but got a automated questions, hold, questions, gonna have to wait for next avaliable op 40 mins. Wtf! Don't they scan the bar code on mailbox then scan box to verify delivery? They have to be able to track where it was delivered too??
So I go on tracking site it shows status as delivered to mailbox. Their is no other options like missing package or nothing.
Go to the website to file claim for missing package. Besides giving my s.s.# and a credit card they had me go through five steps to complete information. Then on the fifth and final step I got a page that told me about packers and shipping and ordering stamps. Not one thing about filing for a missing package. I guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow to get more of the run around pretty ridiculous. Sorry have to vent!

Maybe they made a mistake and it's still at the post office? Hopefully not at someone else's house! Flustered
Mark

Yeah who knows? I've had them drop off stuff that was the wrong house and it took me noticing and telling them for them to say oh yeah and hand me my package?? I really hope they figure it out some how or whoever knocks on my door with my sopko grinder hubs!:cower:

This happens often!

Number on mailbox and still they mess up

We have one carrier who does not want to carry item to porch and codes it not deliverable....

Call the consumer protection folks as they have way to make noise.

Wife has made much noise and local post office calls begging here not to make those calls.

Her answer is simple...Just do your job correctly and all is good

Might help if you hire folks who are willing to get out of the truck as required and also folks who can read and understand house numbers...

Call the local post master of the MAIN POST OFFICE, many are branch office but the local main office has tge inspectors and other folks so call there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

I feel your pain,I was send 4 notices for 4days saying was delivered.On 4th day they got it right,I did the same thing as you.I give up,I will pay little more for UPS or Fedex

Here in rural Wisconsin, there is no bar code on a mailbox. The postal carrier scans the package and codes it "delivered" On occasions when I have checked the tracking site that happens before he leaves our mailbox.

Maybe we are just fortunate, but we have always had a good relationship with our postal carriers. We know them by name and exchange greetings when we see each other. Maybe that's the secret.

Any packages too large to fit in the mailbox are brought to the front door. Our nieghbor across the road has a 1/3 mile driveway, and they will drive up to her house with packages. Rural carriers here don't get paid by the hour so any extra service is on their dime.

After every snowfall, the first thing that I do is toclear the path to the mailbox as well as shovelling out an entrance and exit for them. A little something that lets them know we don't take their service for granted

It happens to me once in a while. Always has shown up the next day for me. The usps has done a very good job for me. Fast and cheap and delivers on Saturday and Sunday. My mail lady is awesome too.

Roy

I had a great mailman for the last 9 yrs. He retired last nov. and since then nothing is consistent. Rains no mail, sometimes early sometimes at 6 pm. Walks across our lawns always wearing earphones talking on the phone. Old guy was there like clockwork before 3. He would hand you the mail and asked how your day was if outside. He knew all our names. Man I miss Kevin. He said he was going to Australia for a yr after retirement. So jealous!

We have community boxes at the end of the street. We get misplaced mail regularly. I was expecting an Amazon delivery one day and received email saying it was delivered but was not in my box. I went straight to P.O. and the manager saw me walking straight for him. He said “ what’s wrong now?”. He and I are on first name basis. I showed him the tracking number and the email. He went to his computer and said it was delivered just not to me. The carrier was gone for the day but he called him at home and made him come back and go find my package he put in the wrong box. He delivered it to my porch an hour later. Just dropped on porch and rang the bell and hauled ars. My wife is missing a new box of checks, ah, I could go on and on.
My feeling, around here anyway, is Amazon has them overloaded. On top of that there was a job posted in the post office awhile back for a rural route opening. Pay was $10.00/hr
Cadillac, I feel your pain!
Sorry for the rant

Back