FS: Whipp Shaper - Texas

Looks like you have to be a registered user to let you into that section of the site. I get a log on screen through your link.

Sorry.
RandyM thank you.
Here is the body of the text (cut/paste).
If an HM is interested then perhaps that person will need to register at Vintage in order to contact the OP.

"I have a large Whipp shaper with the vise that I am going to have to
scrap within the next 30days.

I am located close to Austin Tx.

I hate to see a tool 100 years old be melted. If you know anyone who has interest in restoring this please contact me quickly.
All I want is $150 & I know the vise is most likely worth that."

If you are interested in this machine, please PM me and I will relay the owner's name and e-mail address.

Last edited:
I got a reply from Joel, now just waiting for a reply from the owner.
I am looking for a shaper to loan to the machine shop training department at OPSU in Goodwell Oklahoma. Since I know nothing about shapers anybody have any input on this machine. I know it was marketed by Sears but thats about all I know about it.

I just sent and asked for pictures and if he new any shipping options. We,'ll see I guess. My membership still works there.

If Gary replies let me know. I've heard nothing. Should he reply to you and you need help crating/shipping I would be happy to help. Literature shows 1700 lbs.

He sent just about the same message , where it's located and it's weight . I think someone closer can save it . I don't have the funds to get it to me . I'd like to have it but shipping is out and I'm not able to go.

The seller called yesterday, and stated that it was already spoken for. The buyer has until sunday to pick it up. Reading between the lines, the buyer just wants the clapper and vise.

Back