Fuel System Primer

Then the pump in post #7 won't work either.

Your setup will be aspirating gas fumes into the exhaust creating a potential explosive condition. At the very least, I would put a hose on the exhaust to direct it well out of the bilge.

Then the pump in post #7 won't work either.

Your setup will be aspirating gas fumes into the exhaust creating a potential explosive condition. At the very least, I would put a hose on the exhaust to direct it well out of the bilge.
Read post # 5

Then your gizmo is outside the bilge? I guess that I assumed from post #1 that you were working in the bilge.
This device works on suction. It's replacing a stand alone electric pump that required me to get down in the bilge to pump the fuel thru to the injectors. With this device I just hold it in my hand while standing on the ground behind my outboards. I hook it up to the fuel line right at the injectors and suck the fuel all the way thru from the tank. The cannister is just there to prevent raw gas from getting into the vacuum generator.

Just a followup. Using the device featured in this thread I pulled the fuel thru the new spin on filters and primed both engines in 15 minutes. It was done standing up behind the boat. This used to be a 2 hour project on my knees in the bilge. This is the best epidemic I've ever been on!

Back