Full Profile Comp

Didn't even think of the rotary table. :rolleyes:

Told you, I'm just a hack who plays with machines.

Nice, do u reload for it

I will, as I reloaded for my first one years ago and came up with some pretty impressive loads for it. Unfortunately I don't have any of my old reloading data so I'll be starting again from scratch.

Tighter groups, ,with the rite recipe, takes some R&D thou

Ok, going off the reservation a bit. Now I have to get the sights on. Being old(er) and not having things work as well as they used to, I opted for a combo sight setup, i.e., a red-dot sight with a more traditional night sight setup as backup. I've done melded Bomar sight installs but this is a little more involved fitment-wise. I didn't want to just mill this huge flat on the back of the slide as I though that would be pretty ugly, so I tried to blend the back of the slide with the night sight. Lots of hand fitting with a triangular file...

IMG_0784.jpg

With the rear sight base sitting on the slide.

IMG_0785.jpg

And with the RMR sight sitting on it's base.

IMG_0788.jpg

The base instructions say to "have a professional gunsmith install", and I ain't one, but I seem to be doing OK so far. Now I have to head over to Ace and see if they have a #6-40 UNF tap...

Just needs paint, and sighting in. Given recent events, I will likely finish it once I get the shop up and running in AZ.

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice , it's Ben a while sense I researched red dot sights , can that one take the slide movment and stay sighted in ?

Very nice , it's Ben a while sense I researched red dot sights , can that one take the slide movment and stay sighted in ?

The red dot sights have come a long way in the last 5-10 years or so (remember the Doctor Dot? What a POS that was...). This sight is specifically designed to mount on the slide of a semi-auto. According to Trijicon it is designed for military/law enforcement/competitive shooting environments. I normally would have just made a custom mount for it, but I saw this mount/night-sight combo and wanted to try that. :)

EDIT: the mount has two locating pins that help in conjunction with the mounting screws to keep the sight from shifting during recoil.

Back