Fully functional 150 ton hydraulic press for scrap prices

! metric tin, or more correctly Tonne is 2204.6 pounds, an imperial ton is 2240 pounds.

Looks like we're all hoist on the petard of different units worldwide! I'm pretty sure Bob meant the US ton, 2000 lbs. Unfortunately, I can't recall what the correct nomenclature is, either.

Ah, well ...

Used to see machines like this in the scrap from the engineering labs used for compression testing concrete samples and sometimes stone.....Usually in mint condition ,and sometimes incredible forces .

I worked as lab boy in a materials testing lab as a kid, breaking concrete cylinders was what I did. While they would work, they would be awkward to use. His is a punch press.

Ah! get what you mean Bob, my Dad was on the berlin Airlift after the second bout of european unpleasantness, and they had an ongoing competition with the Yanks about how many Tons they moved, then someone pointed out that all tons are not equal!
Phil

You learn something everyday, the difference between long and short ton. We use tonne. The older hoists in the mill I had worked in were in labeled in American ton, for safety , we had to paint over and label in kilograms . We ended up with odd numbers instead of a simple 5 Ton.

Back