Funny Picture...What a Deal!

Movable jaw is in bass-ackwards. --- "Billy G"

Two things. One, the missing nut on the bolt. Two, the use of the word, "nice", to describe this vice at that price.

Did I get it right?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Is that necessary wrong? One of the reasons I bought my 4" vice was that you could move the jaws to the outside to hold larger pieces.

Last edited by a moderator:

If you need to work on a large flat plate that's where you mount the jaw. That's why there are tapped holes on that side of the movable jaw. But I agree that "nice" isn't the word I'd use to describe the condition. Also the handle is missing a couple of inches off the end of it.

From the Kurt website

KurtJaws.jpg

KurtJaws.jpg

That's why I am on this forum, to learn, I admit I didn't know that you would use the vise jaws that way. I guess I shouldn't be so quick to be sarcastic....

No, we are all here to learn. I don't think any one was being critical of you. If it seemed that I was, please let me know. It was not my intent at all.

For clarity, You can use the jaws in different positions. It is strange to see one that way for sale. The seller usually sets them correctly. ------ "Billy G"

For clarity, You can use the jaws in different positions. It is strange to see one that way for sale. The seller usually sets them correctly. ------ "Billy G"

In the condition the vice looks, the seller probably discovered he couldn't get them off.

Actually, I dont think that is all that bad a deal -- That is after all a Kurt vise that has the rotary base on it and has not one (visible) 'ding' on the jaws or bed, and the rust is obviously surface and would clean up easily. IMO, at about $250 you would be getting into gloat price range.

Back