Further prizes?

HMF

Site Founder
Administrator
I was wondering.

We already have the Project of the Month.

What would you guys think of further Ad Hoc (that means unannounced impromptu prizes, determined by the staff, for other "Good Work" that doesn't get the POTM award. We could give a $10 or $25 gift certificate to Lowes, HD, Amazon, Starbucks, whatever you like.

Sound good?

Just a thought, might be nice to give people a chance to "win" a membership or an extension of one. It might get more people posting projects.

I will look into the added avatar, but we will also be giving a few bucks to those whose projects are extra helpful as decided by the staff on an ad hoc basis.

I like the mike idea too, and the honorable mention idea
Mark

I have seen many of these prize incentives come and go with other forums over the years. They all seem to only affect a small sector of the membership. After awhile, they all seem to turn into a rotating award, after XX months, your name will come up again.

I think many of us are asking why? It was not long ago, that you asked about membership., and gave the appearance that HM bank needed some help. Now you are appearing to want to hand out money. Kind of a mixed message we are seeing.

Please ask amungst the staff:

* Whats the objective of the new contest?
*Is the cost help the objective?
* would a different prize accomplish the same results? (As suggested, membership extensions, atta boys, ect)
*Will it encompass enough of the membership to justify the cost?
*How do we keep it from being the same few members receiving the award all the time?

I see it as only affecting a handful of members, and not something that will promote more becoming paid members, or even promoting the members into showing off their projects. But, I know I do not see the big picture.

And Sorry, I do not have a great alternative solution, I hate those that complain, and do not offer suggestions, But I feel that if we kick the can around amung the members, we could come up with something.

I'll yield the remainder of my time to the gentleman in the blue hat. Thankyou.

Frankly, I think this whole topic is strange!!! Last week you were complaining about not having enough contributions to support the forum, now you want to give money away!!! whats up with that?????????? JR49

Maybe the objective is to bring positive energy and enthusiasm to the site. I really can't see anything wrong with what Nel is proposing.
Just my 2 cents (or 5 cents Canadian:))

I am less impressed with shiny projects with oodles of time and money in them than I am in the people of all skill levels here who get quick, useful help with their projects, skills, and knowledge when they really need it. I think that is the major reason for this site being here. Glitz sells, but people working together to help each other grow and find success is what keeps it going and makes us a true community.

Back