Fusion 360 CAM assistance needed

And some of the younger engineers are grownups at my work. Not all, of course, but some. When you publicly point out their mistakes, and walk them through the chain of events where their mistake would have resulted in a fatality or a million dollars up in smoke you can see them experiencing a gastrointestinal upset event. That's when you know you got through to them.

A few of those and they learn that special snowflakes get people killed.

Your experience doesn't reflect ours but that said, what you need for the big company model is nearly the opposite of the small company model. My company is small by design. I've been hiring since the mid-80's and what walks in the door now as rookies does not/cannot work for us (and they make utterly ignorant customers too) and we're never invest even a single heartbeat in trying again (12-14 snowflakes over the last decade). The big exception... ex-combat-military. Unlike the flakes, they "get" and believe in cause/effect. As to the direction SW products are moving, it's just a pity. This should be a renaissance of wonderful familiar tools that have been shaken out over decades. I'm pretty massively anti-technology. There's a principle known as The Lindy Effect (defined on line) that adds a ton of credence to avoiding the flavor of the month things... to avoid neomania. Couple that with the factors that drive system system reliability vs time (inversely proportional to the product of parts count and software system states) and you have guys who own tech companies like me driving a 15 year old truck and motorcycles designed in 1982 and until recently did his photography with film and a Speed Graphic.

It does, simply add a value to the horizontal lead in / out.
Maybe I'm missing something. All I see in the linking tab is horizontal/vertical lead radius - not length.

If I change the radius in the field, it changes the radius just fine - but it's the long horizontal sweep after the radius that's the problem. If you look at the first screenshot I posted you can see a little vertical/horizontal radius and then a horizontal green line before the blue cutting path.

Maybe I'm missing something. All I see in the linking tab is horizontal/vertical lead radius - not length.

If I change the radius in the field, it changes the radius just fine - but it's the long horizontal sweep after the radius that's the problem. If you look at the first screenshot I posted you can see a little vertical/horizontal radius and then a horizontal green line before the blue cutting path.

This may be an algorithm issue. You can adjust the entry position of the tool path with some setting in there. It will pronably be in the linking area. Also, some times making a minor depth of cut adjustment can cause fusion to recalculate the tool paths and possibly give a better tool path.

Also, some times making a minor depth of cut adjustment can cause fusion to recalculate the tool paths and possibly give a better tool path.

That's true. I simply selected a point on the part corner as the entry point and while it left the long lead in, it changed from an X- lead in to a Y+ lead in and avoided the crash.

Back