Fusion 360 for beginners Series

Thanks for the link. Indeed these videos are easier to follow than the official Fusion 360 lessons, at least for me...

Thank you for the link. My first shot at solid modeling. My first question, when I start Fusion 360 and then start to follow along with Lars my start up screen is different than what he shows of the video. I am attributing that to differences in versions, is that correct or am I just missing how to get the same look as he has when he starts?

I find that the differences in what I downloaded and what he shows along the way is different enough in the look but find I can get to his same solution at each juncture even though I often have to back up a couple of times.....tomorrow will be another day at it......

They recently changed the UI so everything will look different from the tutorial now. Shouldn't take too long to figure out were things are now, but I can see how that could be inconvenient.

They recently changed the UI so everything will look different from the tutorial now. Shouldn't take too long to figure out were things are now, but I can see how that could be inconvenient.
Thank you for the reply. I had two computers going, one to watch and one to follow along. When they came up different I had to do a lot of backing up. I could get the result but I don’t think it was always pretty the way I did it. For instance, I didn’t have fillet radii where they we supposed to be and then ended up with them everywhere. Had to back up a lot to fix that. Now I am pulling the hole and that is a challenge as was when we looked at the section view, trying to get that back....ugh. Will just take fussing with.

Thanks again with the reply....confirmed what I suspected!

Why don't we do something like a YouTube live-stream of one of us on Fusion360 where members of this forum can ask questions and the host can demonstrate how to do it? I'm willing to give it a shot.

I’m in, get back from trip on Friday night late....but after that I’m in!

I haven't tried doing that kind of recording, but this could be useful. Might even find multiple ways of doing the same thing.

Ok.....struggling a bit with Lars and the second video where he tells you to push/pull the plastic electric box to create that boss off the side. I am with him right up until he pulls it out. I end up with something that looks like a section view, at any rate it doesn’t pull that circle out to get the boss......help?

Attachments

• 66D49994-6773-4E87-971B-635AC49941D5.jpeg
    66D49994-6773-4E87-971B-635AC49941D5.jpeg
    38.4 KB · Views: 16
This is what I am supposed to get.....

Back