Fusion 360. HELP!

Firstgear

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I am trying to make a solid model of one of my Corvette parts that I am considering having laser cut. The first drawing is the original part, I want to remove the black looking material so that the new part is more of a grate looking piece.

The second drawing is where I am right now. I want to replicate the hole that I have made and not have to keep drawing each. How do I do that? Copy, paste is what I want to do......anyone?

Attachments

• 07533294-520A-44B3-8851-C50762D1A895.jpeg
    07533294-520A-44B3-8851-C50762D1A895.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 35
  • D42F72F6-7C5D-4301-BF9D-CB37D4DD5791.jpeg
    D42F72F6-7C5D-4301-BF9D-CB37D4DD5791.jpeg
    23.3 KB · Views: 36
Under create, go to pattern and use the square pattern. You can set it to spacing and put in the size of your hole plus the amount you want between it and number of holes. You can also do it to extent, which will vary the space between them based on the extent you put in. If you've already put the hole in there, use the faces option and select all four inside faces, otherwise you can copy a cutting tool the same way and cut out all the holes. Good luck.

Under create, go to pattern and use the square pattern. You can set it to spacing and put in the size of your hole plus the amount you want between it and number of holes. You can also do it to extent, which will vary the space between them based on the extent you put in. If you've already put the hole in there, use the faces option and select all four inside faces, otherwise you can copy a cutting tool the same way and cut out all the holes. Good luck.
I read your instructions and over thought what I was doing.....after a day of fussing, I reread your instructions and just followed exactly what was written....and it worked! Thank you!

Attachments

• 64440520-AE5E-4A1B-AF85-C55158AC44F6.jpeg
    64440520-AE5E-4A1B-AF85-C55158AC44F6.jpeg
    20.6 KB · Views: 20
Ok.....I am still fussing with this drawing.

I have tried to inspect to check a dimension. The feature was generated by create/pattern. When I try to check dimensions from the center of a hole to the edge of a feature generated by the pattern, it doesn’t let me. What do I need to do to get this dimension?

Attachments

• D5F91EB5-8C85-4F19-9BC0-58BF68FE9F43.jpeg
    D5F91EB5-8C85-4F19-9BC0-58BF68FE9F43.jpeg
    26.9 KB · Views: 14
I have another question for you....

To check from the center of a hole, you will probably need to put in a midplane. I'm not at a computer where I can get to Fusion 360 right now, so I can't give you the step by step, but a midplane is the ticket.

Ok.....I am still fussing with this drawing.

I have tried to inspect to check a dimension. The feature was generated by create/pattern. When I try to check dimensions from the center of a hole to the edge of a feature generated by the pattern, it doesn’t let me. What do I need to do to get this dimension?

Inspect can be weird like that. Sometimes it gives me what I want, sometimes not.

What I normally do is just go into the sketch (you can do the same pattern in there as well if needed), create geometry and then just pull what I need using Sketch Dimension.

Some of the holes have a black dot in the center and others don’t. Why is that?

Any of the features designed with pattern act like they aren’t there. Since they act like they aren’t there, I can’t get midplane or anything else to work.....frustrating!

Some of the holes have a black dot in the center and others don’t. Why is that?

Black sketch geometries are fully defined (via constraints). Blue means there are still some unknowns which allow you to manipulate it.

Back