Fusion 360. HELP!

Black sketch geometries are fully defined (via constraints). Blue means there are still some unknowns which allow you to manipulate it.
I must be missing something.....they are all fully defined, diameter, position from the edges......sorry, I dont get it.....

I must be missing something.....they are all fully defined, diameter, position from the edges......sorry, I dont get it.....
They may be fully defined as far as you are concerned, but Fusion does not know you are finished until all loose ends are tied. Use the "Fix" constraint to lock in any unwanted blue features that remain.

They may be fully defined as far as you are concerned, but Fusion does not know you are finished until all loose ends are tied. Use the "Fix" constraint to lock in any unwanted blue features that remain.
I’m going to need a little more specific help on this.

Here is another of my issues....by the way, still trying to get the dimensions....

Here is my issue....these three holes are dimensioned and the constraint to fix is locked....not sure what to do here either....should I have made each hole separately and not dimensioned them at the same time?

Attachments

• 186DD0A7-B84F-42BC-B911-FD7442A70E53.jpeg
    186DD0A7-B84F-42BC-B911-FD7442A70E53.jpeg
    23.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 650B64DD-DC40-4C8A-B81A-4A6EF1A28547.jpeg
    650B64DD-DC40-4C8A-B81A-4A6EF1A28547.jpeg
    30.9 KB · Views: 11
Here is another of my issues....by the way, still trying to get the dimensions....

Here is my issue....these three holes are dimensioned and the constraint to fix is locked....not sure what to do here either....should I have made each hole separately and not dimensioned them at the same time?

It depends really, since there are more ways to skin this cat. Once you use the software for a while, you will develop drawing habits to suit your style.

My go-to method is to just create a new sketch, label it "dimensioning", and drop points/centerpoints that I may need to grab. It is more work going back to do this, but in this case you could have drawn the same "pattern" in the sketch environment instead of using the solid features. This would have given you wireframe that could be utilized instead of a lifeless solid. I prefer this new sketch method because utilizing construction planes is very intuitive way to create the geometries I need very quickly.

Another easy way to get your dimensions is to go into the Drawing environment. You can get there the same way that you would jump from Modeling, Patch, Sheet Metal, Manufacturing, or use the File tab. Old habits have me using File, so I typically access from there.

File --> New Drawing (from design) --> specify units and preferences ---> click okay.

Just be sure to deselect "full assembly" and you will be able to isolate the component you want if there are multiple bodies in the file.

Drop down a base view in the orientation you want to grab dimensions from, and now you can dimension from any hole centerpoint to any edge. Lay down some GD&T if you want, and print for shop use.

Last edited:
It depends really, since there are more ways to skin this cat. Once you use the software for a while, you will develop drawing habits to suit your style.

My go-to method is to just create a new sketch, label it "dimensioning", and drop points/centerpoints that I may need to grab. It is more work going back to do this, but in this case you could have drawn the same "pattern" in the sketch environment instead of using the solid features. This would have given you wireframe that could be utilized instead of a lifeless solid. I prefer this new sketch method because utilizing construction planes is very intuitive way to create the geometries I need very quickly.

Another easy way to get your dimensions is to go into the Drawing environment. You can get there the same way that you would jump from Modeling, Patch, Sheet Metal, Manufacturing, or use the File tab. Old habits have me using File, so I typically access from there.

File --> New Drawing (from design) --> specify units and preferences ---> click okay.

Just be sure to deselect "full assembly" and you will be able to isolate the component you want if there are multiple bodies in the file.

Drop down a base view in the orientation you want to grab dimensions from, and now you can dimension from any hole centerpoint to any edge. Lay down some GD&T if you want, and print for shop use.
The file, new drawing was exactly what the doctor ordered. I am having the part laser cut so I needed to be far more right than not....I am going to cut out a piece of aluminum to the outside dimensions to make sure that they fit as planned.....thank you again!

Back