Fusion 360 Rule#1

I drew several bodies and then converted them to components (not following rule #1.) Now that they are converted and are part of an assembly, I have lost any ability to see the timeline or the underlying sketches. Is this normal? Would this be different if I created the component first and then added the sketches?
Yup, now you see why they call it "rule #1." As MikeWi pointed out, the sketches are still there but the design becomes very confusing when you do it the way you did rather than create components before creating geometry.

I see the sketches now. They are only visible under "sketches" and not under each component. Thanks again for the clarification.
Not sure if I will build it, but I was trying to envision a double fat tire bicycle!

42538539152_b14cbddbba_b.jpg

Sure would look cool.

Robert

Try left clicking on the sketch and drag it into the component. Sometimes it will let you do this.

Good luck,
Ted

NOW, on a Positive note, I have had some success, using FreeCAD & LibreCAD, and now, My Question:

Has anybody used "simplify3d"???? https://www.simplify3d.com . . . . . it is a "Purchase Item". But $149.00 USD is Not a steep Price, and another forum I am on Suggested it for 3d Printing.
Yes, I own Simplify3D. I think it is an excellent slicer.

I've had Fusion 360 for a few months and have tried to follow the videos etc but I tried to use it for a simple proper job for the first recently, a nameplate for a model traction engine and couldn't even work out how to draw a rectangle with specified dimensions! Went back to using DesignCad which at least gives me a drawing I can use.
I shall keep trying to understand it because I feel It could be useful, but maybe on the nexr model.
Brian

I've had Fusion 360 for a few months and have tried to follow the videos etc but I tried to use it for a simple proper job for the first recently, a nameplate for a model traction engine and couldn't even work out how to draw a rectangle with specified dimensions! Went back to using DesignCad which at least gives me a drawing I can use.
I shall keep trying to understand it because I feel It could be useful, but maybe on the nexr model.
Brian
Always help for you here Brian. Feel free to PM me if you want help. Not an expert either, but I'm getting pretty good.

Always help for you here Brian. Feel free to PM me if you want help. Not an expert either, but I'm getting pretty good.
Thanks very much for the very kind offer Mike; I,m off to Holland for a couple of weeks holliday but may well be in touch when I get back.
All the best,
Brian

Back