Fusion 360 slow

Howard_S

Registered
Registered
I am using an iMac OS High Sierra, 2.7 Ghz i5 processor with 12 GB of SRAM and Fusion 360 is really slow, is this normal?

I wonder what you were doing. There are some things like using the web function that can hit really hard, but other than that, I've never had trouble.

MikeWi
Are my projects stored locally or on-line? If on-line then thats the problem. Any way to just keep them locally since I am only using Fusion on one computer.

When I first downloaded Fusion it would crash every time. After some research I discovered the problem was my video card, not my system. I swapped out the video card for a gaming card and now it runs perfectly. I think the video card is more important than people realize.
Slow internet could also be a problem. I think there is a way to work offline if you have your file downloaded. Try telling it to work offline.

Robert

When I first downloaded Fusion it would crash every time. After some research I discovered the problem was my video card, not my system. I swapped out the video card for a gaming card and now it runs perfectly. I think the video card is more important than people realize.
Slow internet could also be a problem. I think there is a way to work offline if you have your file downloaded. Try telling it to work offline.

Robert
Agreed. I did quite a bit of research in preparation of getting a new computer. Fusion runs better on a modest gaming machine than it will on a powerful cad (or business) machine. CPU speed is more important than cores and the video card is very, very important. Pretty much the opposite of how you would build a machine for AutoCad. See vtcnc's post (#2 here) for a link to system recommendations for various cad programs he just put up.

Thanks for all the suggestions, and sorry i have been AWOL but in the process of selling boat, finally been able to look at this problem again. It appears that the data is stored in the cloud and in my local cache as MikeWi said. My internet is unfortunately very slow 15mbps (july will go to 200mbps) If I work offline the first time it takes 9 to 17 seconds to go from working on a Body sketch to a drawing and same the other way. The next time i make the transition it is instantaneous so it appears that my internet connection is truly the culprit and when working offline once the project is loaded in cache (not graphics cache) everything is fine. So to conclude while working with my slow internet I will stay offline and when i get the new high speed internet i will go online.
Thanks everyone for your help!

Back